INFORMATION FOR CLINIC HOSTS
Clinic Venue Requirements
A CLVP clinic venue requires a classroom-type setting or large open room with the following:
- Room should have windows, adequate heating and air conditioning with good air quality, preferably not in a basement
- Room must be a minimum of 1000-1200 sq ft, with a capacity to set up 7 stations (2-4 tables at each station), with chairs around each station (to fit several people at each station)
- Room must be private and secure (must be able to lock) to store the CLVP equipment
- Several tables (14) and chairs (30)
- Access to a Chart stand for clinic charts
- Access to light switches to be able to darken the room for eye medical assessments, including window blinds/coverings
- Access to several electrical outlets around the perimeter of the room
- Three (3) office chairs that are capable of adjusting the height (moving up & down)
- A pair of scissors to open our pelican cases for set-up
- Outdoor access with sidewalks, preferably a traffic light or street crossing, and stairs for Orientation and Mobility assessment
- Sole access to this room without other school staff needing to use the room for the day(s) of clinic
- A secondary room or space nearby would be great (if possible), for a waiting area for families (equipped with a couple tables & chairs)
- Access to bathrooms
Once a Venue is Determined...
- Please email Teri Schmidt (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible with the clinic address and directions.
- A Purolator shipment of 14 large cases (see photo of cases below) will arrive a day or two before the clinic which will need to be secured. The next working day after the clinic, Purolator will pick up the CLVP equipment.
- A contact name, address and phone number needs to be provided to receive the Purolator shipment.
- CLVP team members will arrive the afternoon before the clinic to set up the room.
- Please advise Teri Schmidt (email@example.com) of a local caterer for ordering lunch as well as a hotel in the vicinity of the clinic venue. CLVP pays for the lunch for the CLVP team only (not for students/families).
- The CLVP team will arrive the morning of the clinic around 8:00am and will need to be in the room until approximately 6:00pm.
- Vision teachers, families, and any visitors are responsible for their own lunches.
- The hosting school district is responsible for providing snacks for the day(s) of the clinic for the students and their families. Typically this should include sufficient nutritious snacks and drinks for the number of students, parents and teachers attending (fruit, vegetables, cheese/crackers, bars, bottled water, juice boxes). See photo below for a great example.